Happy Valentine’s Day gorgeous! No matter if you are single, newly dating, dating engaged, married… Valentine’s Day is a day for celebrating love! And guess what? That doesn’t mean just with a significant other. That also means with your friends and family. Whoever means a lot in your life. Let them know today! Well… we should every day, but ya know… sometimes that just doesn’t happen.
A little story about Patrick and I, on our first date he took me to the Tennessee State Fair. We rode the ferris wheel and all the not scary rides. LOL! It was SO much fun. Afterwards, I distinctly remember looking in the mirror and thought to myself… you may have just met your husband. I was so giddy! Little did I know… I was right! Now we go back to the fair every year as a tradition. 🙂
Let’s get back to the topic at hand. How I knew Patrick was “the one” aka 7 signs he might be “the one”.WHO you choose to marry is extremely important. (obviously… lol) I have been married to Patrick for a little over 2 years now. I am not going to sit here and tell you guys that I have the most perfect relationship ever, but I do feel confident in the fact that I married the right person.
- He has PLANS for you in HIS future.
- He should want you in his life and make plans to make you a permanent part of his life… but wait, here the KEY to this one…. without you asking.
- He is LOYAL.
- Okay don’t judge me for this…. but about a year into having our dog, Tobie, I was like this dog is straight up crazy. If he doesn’t calm down, we are going to have to give him away. Patrick was shocked. He told me that we don’t just give up on people in our family. lol… whoops… my bad. At least now I feel pretty confident Pat won’t just throw me to the curb.
- His intentions are pure.
- Disagreements will come up. Its the name of the game. But you should never have to question if what happened was out of ill intent.
- He treats you well.
- This ones simple, but so important. You shouldn’t have to ask him to do something nice for you. He will want to.
- He makes an effort to get to know your friends and family.
- This is so important. If a guy tries to separate you from your friends and/or family…. RUN as fast as you can and never look back! He should be doing the opposite and take an interest in the people that matter most to you.
- He makes you a priority.
- Girl… you deserve to be a priority. If you get any sense that you aren’t, boy BYE. Ain’t no one got time for that.
- He loves and respects his mom.
- Pay attention to how he treats his mom. Does he think she hung the moon? I think this is a good indication that he will treat you the same and knows the right way to treat a woman.
Okay…. now I’ve named all these things a man should be doing. But, ladies, don’t forget the best saying I was ever told about relationships… “You’ve gotta be Mrs. Right before you can expect Mr. Right.” Seriously though! This is a two way street! 🙂
Happy Happy Valentine’s Day! Hope you have the best day.
Shop my look:
(size down in the dress.. I probably could have worn an XS, but I’m wearing a S for reference.)
Photos taken during our stay at the Pot n’ Kettle Cottages. Highly, highly recommend! They’re so cute. Heres a link to check them out.