Hope you all are having a great week. I shot with a Nashville photographer Lydia @theblondelyway a couple weeks ago & wanted to share some of the pictures. She is SO talented. Plus, this outfit would be perfect for Valentine’s Day! 🙂
Valentine’s Day is coming up SO soon! I have been trying to think of what I should share with you all… gift guides, date ideas, etc. My husband and I don’t really buy gifts for each other on Valentine’s Day. Some of the best gifts don’t have to cost a thing or at least not much! So I decided to share different “acts of service” aka cheap/free gifts you can do for your loved one.
Valentine’s Day is my brother in law’s birthday so we spend the actual holiday with him! We typically will go to dinner and a movie a few days later (because the BEST cheesy romance movies come out then). This year we are going to a fancy dinner at Ruth’s Chris (woop woop) because one of PK’s customers gave him a gift card there for Christmas! (Seriously SO nice of them!)
To me, Valentine’s Day is all about celebrating love in your life no matter who it is with. Friends, family, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, etc. Here are some of my ideas:
- Cook their favorite breakfast/coffee & bring it to them in bed.
- Leave a sweet note & candy in their car for when they leave for work.
- If it’s cold out, go start their car and warm it up for them in the morning.
- Send a random text during the day telling them how much they mean to you.
- Go get lunch together/pack their lunch for them
- Take on some of the chores that you don’t typically do. For example… Laundry (This is one I need to do FOR SURE because Patrick always does our laundry.)
- Bake them something and have it waiting on them when they get home from work!
- Cook dinner together.
- Bring home their favorite bottle of wine.
- Print out pictures from some of your favorite memories together. Go through them and reminisce together.
- Play a game together! This is my favorite thing to do with Pat. We typically pay Heads up (iPhone app).
- Hand written notes of any kind are always so meaningful.
Another idea that I did a few years back…. Starting on February 1st, leave a post it note on the bathroom mirror with a reason why you love them every day throughout the month. It is seriously so sweet! 🙂
Hope you all find this helpful!! 🙂
Shop this look: