“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
So… this is not quite as timely as I wanted this post to be. However, I was running around like crazy before we left for Chicago for NYE then as soon as I got home, I was sick. Better late than never… right?!?!
New Year’s is one of my favorite holidays! Who doesn’t love a holiday that basically revolves around sparkles and champagne? I also love all of the hope and excitement that comes with starting a new year.
Standing with my husband as the clock struck midnight, I couldn’t help but feel a little emotional. So why did I feel that way? Well… 2017 was different… so many blessings, but also this past year had some challenges. I mainly try to show you guys the happy times on my blog and Instagram feed, because that’s honestly how I try to live my life… with a positive mindset. I hate to sound like I’m complaining, but, 2017 had its difficult moments too. I won’t go into details, but every year has its peaks and valleys.
I couldn’t be more excited for a new year.
2018, here we go!!!!
Here are my goals for this year:
- Quality time with my husband. Whether that is a date night where we do not even pick up our phones. Go on a weekend getaway just us two. Whatever it is, make sure we spend quality time together this year.
- Remember to “win the day.” My old boss used to say this. If you work hard and win each day, you’ll have successful weeks and in return successful months… ending with a successful year. Everyone has off days, but you can always start the next day on the right foot.
- Join a church. Patrick and I have tried a few churches in Nashville, but haven’t found the right fit yet. This year we want to find the right place for us.
- Grow my blog. Gosh the goals I have for this blog… there are a lot! I have written them down, but I won’t bore you with them all. I was telling my husband my goals and he was like…. “Okay … this is great, but maybe we should take this one step at a time.” LOL! A few of those goals include making genuine income from working with brands that I truly love and creating video content.
- Spend more time with family and friends. This is kind of redundant of my first goal. I absolutely LOVE the people in my life. Seriously, my heart is so full from the friendships and family that I’m blessed with. What is most important to me is spending more time with them.
- Cook more. It is healthier and my husband loves home cooked meals.
- Which means grocery shop more…. Okay this one is kind of a joke, but I struggle to get to the grocery. I don’t know why… but, I do.
So here’s to a New Year 🙂
What would you like to see on the blog or instagram this year? Reach out to me! I’d LOVE to hear from you!
My personal photos from 2017: